To be able to have a quality audio file, the manufacturers have released Morse Expert for users to decode morse code into text easily, especially on Radio stations. You will be given the option to highlight Ham’s calls and keywords. Audio decoding is done quickly and efficiently using the unique algorithms used in CW Skimmer.
TEXT SELECTION MODE
Users only need one click on the decoded text to switch to text selection mode with straightforward usage. You will choose to use the handle to make adjustments and use the selection menu to copy, share, or save the text you have selected. If decoding is paused in selection mode, touch outside the selection to resume the decoding program.
EFFECTIVE ECHO REDUCTION
Morse Expert will help users decode the sound from the microphone easily. However, it would help if you were careful because the audio echo picked up by the microphone can reduce the accuracy of the decoding process or even destroy your entire decoding process. The way to reduce echo is to place the microphone as close to the phone as possible.
FREQUENCY LOCK MODE AND RADIO HAM
By default by the application, if there is more than one signal in the bandwidth, the application’s decoder will automatically help you to switch between signals dynamically. A single tap on the signal frequency display will turn the green triangle into yellow to let the user know the mode is locked and if pressed a second time, will disable the frequency lock.
You can switch between the general, default text mode and the QSO radio Ham mode in the settings screen regarding the Ham Radio mode. In this mode, the application will further process the decoded text to improve the word segmentation and display the screenshot.
- Use the Morse Expert with Radio to connect your phone to the radio, or you can plug in a headset on the front panel of the unit.
- Reduce echo when decoding audio from the microphone by screenshot or recording with a microphone; you must place the microphone close to the device to best minimize the echo.
- Ham Radio mode allows you to switch between general, default text mode and Ham Radio QSO mode and improves word segmentation and other extraordinary words.
- Frequency lock mode helps you to automatically switch between signals, lock the frequency with one tap on the waterfall screen, and a second press disables it.
- Text selection mode helps you to decode audio to text easily with the adjustment options available in the menu, such as copy, share, save selected text.